08 November 2008

Again

Romans 7:18-19
And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.

O Lord, please forgive me and return to me again.
I made some bad moves, said unkind words;
I deliberately disobeyed you.
My heart is so heavy and it hurts.
Unlike me, you are always faithful and never go back on your promises.
I know it’s because of my guilt that I feel abandoned.
Is this your discipline?
Am I being reprimanded?

O Lord, please let me return to you again.
Restore my joy that I so foolishly cast away
because of my short-sightedness, my own desires to satisfy.
By being selfish, your will I failed to obey.
Everything I do to others, I do to you.
Humbly I repent for the wrongs of today.
Please forget my transgressions; forgive my sins.
Take them from me; make them go away.

O Lord, please save me from myself as I am my own worst enemy.
Let my eyes see only what you want me to see.
Protect my heart and my thoughts as well,
so I don’t get confused about what I think and feel.
Again, I’ve shown you how weak I am; I don’t need to tell.
I need your guidance and the firm grip of your right hand.
Fortify my conscience; strengthen my self-control with willpower.
Mold my heart into one that desires to be obedient to your every command.

O Lord, I wish to honor you always.
I long to praise you endlessly.
I gratefully acknowledge that Jesus paid my ransom and set me free.
You created me and I belong to you; you are the owner of me.
Thank you for choosing me, transforming me and loving me still.
Freely, in total submission, I surrender to you, again.

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness”

Daniel 9:4 & 9
(4) I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: “O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill your covenant and keep your promises of unfailing love to those who love you and obey your commands.
(9) But the Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment