26 October 2008

Joy in the Lord’s Day

Psalm 118:24 (NIV) This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Today is Sunday, the 26th of October 2008. The weather was perfect here in southeastern Pennsylvania. Beautiful clear skies and warm delicious sunshine after a rainy Saturday. Crisp, clean air, and temps in the upper 60’s; an absolutely gorgeous autumn day.

As I started my day, I gave thanks and praise to God my Father for another day, for another opportunity to do something good for someone else. I asked the Lord, as I do everyday, to guide me throughout my day, and to fill me with his Holy Spirit; to protect my heart and my thoughts, to allow in only those from Him so I don’t get confused, and I thanked Him for forgiving me for yesterdays mistakes. I found that when I pray about these things early in the morning, I usually have a really good day. When I give control to God and submit to His will for me, my life is just so much better. I am by far a better follower than a leader. I choose God as my leader, and I know He will send me in the right path, the one He has chosen for me. I just have to follow where He sends me. How easy is that!

Today was truly a day to rejoice and be glad in. Church was great! The Sunday school lesson was really good, and the service was special. We got a “two-for” this morning. First, our missionaries dedicated their infant son to the Lord. That was very special. As our young pastor said, there’s something very special about praying with a baby for the first time. Then, our pastor for many, many years was honored as Pastor Emeritus. Then after the sermon, which was awesome again, we had a covered dish luncheon. We were blessed with an abundance of delicious food and love overflowed from each cup.

On the way home, there was an awesome song on the radio. I turned it up and wailed along, not caring at all who heard me or saw me. I was singing praises and feeling the love! As I parked the car, and the song ended, I said thanks to God, for allowing me to be a part of it all today, and thanks for choosing me.

Scriptures:

Psalm 108:1 (NLT) My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!

Psalm 150 (NLT) 1 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heaven! Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness! 3 Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn; praise him with the lyre and harp! 4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with strings and flutes! 5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud clanging cymbals. 6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the LORD!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. This brought such a warm feeling in my heart.
    Thank you for sharing that, very, very nice.

    ps. I love the new look! Wow, you need to tell me how to change mine now.:)

    ReplyDelete